Noncredit Certificate Program
Courses leading to Certification provided by The Sage Group have empowered thousands of students to acquire the skills so essential for a changing workforce. By keeping a close eye on the metamorphosis of the telecommunications industry, The Sage Group continues to adapt our selection of courses to a changing world, thereby delivering on its promise to enhance your skills for an exciting future.
- The (CompTIA) IT Fundamentals course is designed for participants who want to develop or enhance fundamental knowledge and skills for today’s technologies. The course will provide basic foundational information about working on personal computers and performing associated tasks. Topics covered include PC components, working with files and folders, and conducting basic software installations. This course is recommended for those that require basic knowledge prior to taking A+ or Network+.
- The (CompTIA) A+ course provides foundation level skills necessary to identify and configure PC network components, monitor and manage Windows operating systems, diagnose hardware problems, complete preventative maintenance tasks, and install and upgrade Windows operating systems.
- The (CompTIA) Network+ course covers network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security.
- The (Cisco) Certified Entry Networking Technician course covers entry-level networking information and skills including internetworking, data encapsulation, subnetting, routing and switching. It is recommended that A+ and Network+ be taken prior to CCENT. This course prepares students for the CCENT exams.
- The (CWNP) Certified Wireless Technology Specialist course helps participants understand the fundamentals of radio frequency (RF) behavior, the basic technologies and operations of Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), and the functions and proper implementation of wireless components. Participants will also gain the skills needed to install, configure and troubleshoot wireless network hardware components. This course prepares students for the CWTS exam.
- The (Cisco) Certified Networking Associate course prepares participants with the skills to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks. It is recommended that A+, Network+ and CCENT be taken prior to CCNA. This course prepares students for the CCNA exam.
- The (CompTIA) Cloud Essentials course provides instruction to gain the specialty certification demonstrating one's knowledge in cloud computing from a business and technical perspective, as well as processes to move to and govern the cloud.
- The (CompTIA) Cloud+ course leads to certification that covers standard methodology required to securely implement and maintain cloud technologies.
- The (CompTIA) Mobility+ course leads to a certification that covers the knowledge and skills required to understand and research capabilities of various mobile devices and aspects of over-the-air technologies.
- The (CompTIA) Security+ course leads to a certification that designates the level of professional knowledge in the field of computer security.
- The FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) course is designed to equip participants with the essential knowledge, rules, regulations, and procedures related to the FCC’s General Radiotelephone Operator license. Topics covered in the course include history of radio regulation, commercial radio operator’s licenses, and radar.
- The Introduction to Photovoltaic Systems course is designed for participants who want to gain knowledge and skills related to the design, installation, and evaluation of photovoltaic (PV) systems and pursue NABCEP certification. Topics covered in the course include Solar PV systems, PV system design, and PV system components.
To receive more information about courses in your area...